Membership of Precision Rifle Tasmania (PRT) is open to persons having an interest in the safe, skilful and challenging sport of long-range precision rifle shooting.
Membership must comply with the rules, regulations and procedures as set by:
Members, prospective members, administrators, officials, competitors, visitors, service providers and any other person associated with any activity or event held by or sanctioned by PRT must comply with the PRT Code of Conduct and any directions given by PRT committee members and Range Officers.
PRT reserves the right to vary fees as required.
Membership is subject to the appropriate fees being paid.
Membership Fees - FY2021/2022
PRT membership fee - $85
A pro-rata membership fee of $42.50 applies if you join in the 2nd half of the financial year
Standard range fee (for practice, load development or zeroing)
Members - $5
The competition range fee at Scottsdale is $10 for members. $25 for non-members.
You do not need to be a member of SSAA if you wish to join PRT
You will need to have your firearms licence endorsed for Purpose 1 - Sport / Target Shooting
The PRT Code of Conduct
As a club, PRT and all its members subscribe to and are bound by this Code of Conduct which sets out the minimum standards expected of members.
It applies when competing, practising, spectating or taking part in any club sanctioned activity.
* Act within the rules and spirit of the discipline being fired at the time.
* Promote fair play over winning at any cost.
* Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate skills.
* Support opportunities for participation in all aspects of the the various disciplines fired at PRT.
* Treat each person as an individual.
* Show respect and courtesy to all.
* Respect the rights and worth of every member, regardless of age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion.
* Respect and abide by the decisions of the Range Officer, Safety Staff and other club officials and trainers.
* Respect and abide by the decisions of the Committee, and in the event of disagreement or dispute, raise the matter in an appropriate forum.
* Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions.
* Display responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
* Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
* Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
* Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment-free environment.
* Do not tolerate abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour.